It’s just the husband and I this week and it’s been a long day. Had I thought ahead I would have prepared a meal in the crockpot but apparently my brain didn’t want to function that well. We spent 6 hours total traveling and by the time we arrived back home it was late and we were tired. Luckily, I had thought to set out some ground beef before we left (wasn’t sure what I was going to do with it but hey- you can always make do with ground beef!). So here I stood- staring at a package while my incredibly sweet husband carried in my backdrops and props.
The cabinets are kind of bare right now- mother hubbard hasn’t been to the store and won’t be going until Payday Friday- so my add-in options are limited. I don’t really have much lunch food right now so whatever I make has to stretch to a lunch tomorrow.
Presenting: Two meals from Chili!
Meal one: Dinner
Printer Friendly Version: Rice Chili
- 1 pkg ground beef
- 1 packet McCormick Taco Seasoning (30% less sodium)
- Quarter of an Onion, diced
- 1 can tomato paste
- Chili Powder, Paprika, Garlic Powder to taste
- Cook rice according to directions.
While rice is cooking:
- Brown beef- drain.
- Add seasonings, tomato paste, onion and water. Bring to boil, simmer for about 10 minutes.
Serve over rice and enjoy!
Meal Two: Lunch
Cheater Chili Mac
Printer Friendly Version: Cheater Chili Mac
- Stare into cabinet for awhile. Ponder the box of Kraft Mac’n Cheese.
- Look at container of leftover chili in the refrigerator.
- Cook mac’n cheese according to directions.
- Stir in leftover chili to completed mac’n cheese. Stir on stove for a minute so chili heats up.
- Add some salt, pepper, and a bit more paprika to taste.
- Serve Cheater Chili Mac and enjoy.