I found this recipe quite randomly one day. It became an instant hit! It is very easy to do, and is low-fat (yay for Jello!)
I highly suggest you head over to the Food Librarian for her pictures and the original recipe (which is the one listed below).
Broken Glass Jello
Printer Friendly Version: Broken Glass Jello
4 small boxes (3 oz. each) of Jello or store brand “gelatin dessert” in different colors.
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 envelopes Knox unflavored gelatin
- Dissolve one box of jello in one cup of boiling water (ignore box directions. using one cup of boiling water causes the Jello to be firm enough to cut into blocks) .
- Pour into a container and chill until firm. Do this for each color of Jello.
- After chilling the Jello, cut them into small blocks and mix the blocks in a 9 x 13 pan (do this step carefully, with a spatula).
- Next, sprinkle 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin into ½ cup cold water. After a moment the gelatin blooms. Once this occurs, add 1½ cups boiling water and dissolve.
- Now, add the can of condensed milk. Stir and let cool (don’t wait too long or it will start to set!).
- Pour the cooled milk mixture over the Jello and set in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Cut into cubes and enjoy!