A household favorite, homemade brownies. This is an old recipe that’s been used for generations.
Printer Friendly Recipe: Brownies
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped nuts
- ½ cup marshmellows
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together butter and sugar in bowl.
- Add eggs; beat well with spoon.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in add-ins.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
We like to sprinkle ours with either granulated or powdered sugar when we pull them out of the oven.