Longest post title ever, right there.
However, it’s true and it works! I saw this little gem floating around Pinterest and decided to give it a go! And I’ve walked away with a few tips.
So here’s the breakdown.
- Tear some of the “hair” off the top that’s showing. It can catch fire, apparently.
- Wet corn seems to cook better.
- Make sure you cut above where the husk attaches to the cob, or it won’t slide out easily.
- If you let it rest about 2 minutes before you attempt to cut and squeeze it, it works just as well and burns a lot less (believe me on this one!!)
- If you’re hungry or hurried, I do advise using oven mitts if you can’t let it rest a minute. It really does burn.
- It’s delicious. It’s cooked to perfection.